A coffee spill can ruin your cotton fabric dresses as it has a tendency of quickly turning into set-in stains which are very hard to remove or wash away. Coffee stains do not go by cold water because coffee leaves a tannin-based stain which responds only to hot water and good detergent when the stain is fresh.
In case of set-in stains on your fabrics you can only remove it by using powdered bleach or oxygen wash. In this article I have elaborated few tips for removing the “set-in” coffee stains from fabrics. Please leave me a comment and let me know how you remove “set-in” coffee stains from your cotton fabric.
How to Remove Coffee Stains From Cotton Fabrics?
- Pour a drop of detergent on the coffee satin on your cotton fabric. Keep rubbing the cotton fabric gently until the detergent is absorbed in the fabric.
- Fill the washing machine with hot water. Add detergent to the hot filling water in the machine.
- Now drop down the stained cotton fabric which is already soaked with detergent into the washing machine and let the machine go through its wash and rinse cycles.
- Now take the garment out of the machine and check if the spot is removed from the fabric. If the satin is gone dry the fabric normally otherwise do as stated in Step 5 and 6.
- Now again fill the washing machine with hot water and add liquid detergent, scoop of powdered bleach or oxygen wash to the hot water.
- If the stain is stubborn soak the cotton fabric overnight in a solution of detergent and powdered bleach. In the morning run the washing machine through its wash and rinse cycles again.
Sam Green is the author of this home improvement tip. Sam Green is the owner of 24 Hour Locksmiths company in Rhode Island. If you live anywhere in Rhode Island, you can always call mobile locksmith in Providence RI, mobile locksmith in Pawtucket RI or mobile locksmith in Rhode Island and 24 hour technician will come to your location.